Update on Lunch, the zombie chicken.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Junebugsin, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Junebugsin

Junebugsin Chirping

Jun 25, 2015
    Southern New Hampshire, USA
    Lunch.jpg

Lunch is doing very, very well. She's walking fine, she's perky, alert, eating and drinking fine, though one of her wings is a little droopy. In light of all that happened, and could have happened to her, I believe a bit of a droopy wing is nothing to be concerned about, especially since she can use it. I've taken the opportunity to take care of her bumblefoot without any difficulties. I think she's now ready to be reincorporated into the flock, especially since this afternoon, she was jumping around the crate trying to catch a flying bug that was buzzing about.

The picture above is a picture of Lunch, who thanks everyone for all their kind words and well wishes.

Thanks everyone, for all your support.

Jenn

2. DellaMyDarling

DellaMyDarling Songster

Dec 13, 2017
    Mass Hilltowns
    I still can't believe that bird lives.

Next time she looks like she needs a neck wringing, feel confident your pet cemetery will regurgitate her.

3. BGcoop

BGcoop Songster

Aug 5, 2018
    :celebrateYay Lunch!

4. Gilded Feather

Gilded Feather Songster

May 21, 2019
    KY-WV line
    Woohoo! Go Lunch! :clap

5. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Loves Hatching

May 28, 2015
    South LA
    Holy Cow that was an insane read and i am now added to Lunch the Zombie Chicken's fan club! :love :hugs for Lunch!

Heres the first thread detailing her story in case someone wants to see the story behind her.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ot-a-cold-blooded-murderer-after-all.1317240/

Now, a word of caution, sorry. If there is an internal injury the poor gal could rot from the inside. A friend had a duck survive months after an injury and when she passed on they found like gangrene inside her. Just be wary and watchful of any swelling. Im concerned about that leg and/or wing ending in the same manner.

6. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    Hi Jenn.
    Well done you, by the look of her pic, she will out live us all. Wahhhh.
    She is also beautiful, so happy for you all. :thumbsup

7. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Crowing

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    My Coop
    Wow thanks for the update! She looks pretty good for a zombie...

8. micstrachan

micstrachan Free Ranging

Wow. Just wow! She looks amazing. I sincerely hope she continues to do well!

mixedUPturk and RhodeIslandRed5 like this.
  9. RhodeIslandRed5

RhodeIslandRed5 Songster

May 28, 2019
    East Texas
    Hooray for Lunch!! Give her a hug for me!!
    :bun:bun:bun:bun:bun:bun:bun:bun:bun:bun

mixedUPturk likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: