Update on Madge/Harold :0)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by teresa-78, Feb 21, 2011.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    For everyone who helped me in the madge/harold sexing of my turkey HAROLD sure kept us all guessing due to his feminin look [​IMG]

Well here HE is in all his glory

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have tried to get a picture of him stood normal, and not strutting but thats all he does 24/7 lol.

Thankyou for all your help, and just wanted to update you all on how he turned out, I am not sure he will get any bigger, apart from maybe his snood??

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    That is definitely a Harold! Sometimes it just takes time for the birds to mature,

3. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:I like to think of him as my femanine Tom [​IMG]
    When he is not showing off he still looks rather lady like, thats probably why he spends all his time strutting, to make himself look more butch [​IMG]

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    When he is not showing off he still looks rather lady like, thats probably why he spends all his time strutting, to make himself look more butch [​IMG]

Ah, maybe he was just born in the wrong decade. Androgyny was very big in the '80's -- Boy George, Michael Jackson, Duran Duran.[​IMG]

What breed is he -- he looks alot like my toms -- they're a cross between Royal Palms and Calico Sweetgrass?

5. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England

Ah, maybe he was just born in the wrong decade. Androgyny was very big in the '80's -- Boy George, Michael Jackson, Duran Duran.[​IMG]

[​IMG] I agree with this statement... [​IMG]

What breed is he -- he looks alot like my toms -- they're a cross between Royal Palms and Calico Sweetgrass?

Well he is suppose to be a royal palm, but with that said the man I brought him from sold me some Polish chicks, and hatching eggs, which turned out to be 1 frazzle which later died, and a Polish X Cochin.. also the eggs I brought for incubating, turned out also to be polish X Cochin... so it has left me wondering whether he is pure RP, as he has some brown in small places....

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by