Update on Miracle, my double yolker in the bator! This is the end.

I would alos help I could not just watch them die!!

Do we have anan update!?!?!?!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I also had a "I have nothing to lose" egg. It had pipped but didn't do anything else. I had already lost the only other one that pipped because I didn't help it and left it alone.
barnie.gif
I completely hatched it out. I did it in stages, hoping it would be able to finish the job. It didn't. I kept it warm in the oven to dry it and eventually put it in a brooder. It didn't do very well until I put a couple day old sikies in with it. I now have a beautiful $20.00 silver laced wyandott who thinks s/he's a sikie!
celebrate.gif
I say if you are to the point of nothing to lose, go for it.
old.gif
DH says, hen or rooster, we're keeping it. He can't bring himself to process a $20 chicken!
wink.png

Quote:
Some odds are always better than no odds. I had a silkie chick about 3 months ago not able to hatch because he was so massive in size. Complely hatched him out and now I have huge healthy vaulted white bearded silkie. She would be doing the right thing, life is precious, its not the chicks fault they formed as twins. Honor them and at least try and give them a shot at life.

I tried to help, but unfortunately, there was nothing to help. We had to end it there. Thaks for all the help and concern!

hit.gif

sad.png

Quote:
Oh I am sorry Chicklover. From the sounds of what you described in earlier posts sounded like there was life in there. I am so sorry that I told you to keep going with it. I would have done the same thing though. I wouldn't have given up either. You did what you could and unfortunately they didn't make it. Just think of this as a learning experience and next time you will know more what to look for inside when you candle.

Bu again I still would not have given up either, I still would have done the same thing again.
hugs.gif
:hugs

Quote:
Oh I am sorry Chicklover. From the sounds of what you described in earlier posts sounded like there was life in there. I am so sorry that I told you to keep going with it. I would have done the same thing though. I wouldn't have given up either. You did what you could and unfortunately they didn't make it. Just think of this as a learning experience and next time you will know more what to look for inside when you candle.

Bu again I still would not have given up either, I still would have done the same thing again.
hugs.gif
:hugs

It was not your fault telling me to keep going. I was tricked, too by the candling. Two more suspected double y's in the bator may be a problem in the future, but I always will tey my best. Thanks everyone!

Thalia (mommy) and Jasper (daddy) say a big thank you, also, for helping their "chick"!

Back
Top Bottom