Update on my chicks*UPDATE with pics now!!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kessidy, May 17, 2008.

1. Kessidy

Kessidy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    #1 id doing well. #2 and #3 both died. They never finished hatching and I think it was time for mother nature to do her job. I think I just let it go too long and they were already to oxygen deprived to function normally.

#1 is a sticky chick, or maybe there is a different term for too little humidity than to much? It dried, but looks crusty and wet. It still has shell stuck to it, but is up wobbling around. What do I do now? Do I attempt to bath it in warm water? I will not do anythign until I get advice here.

Special thanks again to broke down ranch. None of these chicks would have made it without your help. Thank you also for the support. This is the most amazing place.

Sorry it took me awhile to update. My baby is sick so I was at the dr with him for over 2 hours in the waiting room last night.

This is the white membrane. You can see where I dropped the little water drop on the left side.
    [​IMG]

And this is him a bit ago. Still all sticky but noisy and sweet. He is very active and loves to "talk" I am completely in love! Just look at the size of those feet!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Sorry to hear that your baby is sick. I hope he is feeling better now.

3. Kessidy

May 13, 2008
    Buster, he is doing great. Thanks. Just an ear infection.

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Good to hear. I am currently recovering from and ear infection and strep throat at the moment so I can sympathize with him.

5. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Awwww, so sorry to hear the 2 didn't make it. I think you should just let #1 recover for a couple of days then use a warm wet rag to gently clean him up. Do you have other chicks? If not try to get a feather duster or fuzzy stuffed animal to put in there for it to cuddle with. Next hatch will be better [​IMG]

6. Kessidy

May 13, 2008
    OK, I will get a feather duster. On my way to get the new thermometer and humidity things too.

7. Kessidy

May 13, 2008
    bumping for those that asked ont he other thread [​IMG]

8. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    You don't know how happy I am to see an update. [​IMG] I've been checking in on and off today and will be heading out soon!

I am sorry about the other two [​IMG]

I am totally happy about your #1 and the pic! YES look at those feet! [​IMG] Too cute!

I am also happy your little one doesn't have anything more serious than an ear infection. My daughter just finished antibiotics for one last week so I hear you there.

When things happen, they just all happen together don't they? Kudos to you for hanging in there!

9. ChelC

ChelC Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Oh, I'm so glad you were able to save it! Good job.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by