update on my dr. phobia

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quadcam79, Feb 22, 2008.

1. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    Well i finally made the appointment and went to see the dr. two days ago. I actually saw the P.A. instead of the Dr. but it was good.

I really liked the P.A. he was quite the character really friendly, a little hyper and just the kind of guy you would want to have over for a BBQ or something..LOL.. anyway he checked me over, gave me a few taps around different areas of my abdomen, discussed heart disease and how he thinks it's my gall bladder causing the chest pains but he wanted to send me for an EKG just to be safe.

He also has me going to have an ultrasound on my gallbladder and he gave me a prescription for reglan to help me digest my food better and not have my gallbladder working overtime

He ordered bloodwork but since the lab if right up the street I had to go there for that. also urine samle which they called me back about as I was heading out the front door, i guess they ran it and the test results came up with a high level of white cells (infection) and the nurse wanted to see if i needed to have it treated. they wanted to wait for the culture to come back before they did anything about that.

So onto the lab and blood draw... I got there just as they were closing so the phlebot was none to happy that she wasnt getting to leave 5 mins early, handed her my paperwork and as we walked back to the chair i asked if my GF could do the draw, first the girl said no, they arent allowed to do that but then i said..ok well do you have a table or something because I'm telling you i dont do well with this.

She took me back to a recliner chair in the far corner, came back and handed my gf the needle and gloves and let her do the draw, i was fine..didnt feel a thing so that made my day a whole lot better

oh and in between the Dr. office and the lab I had to go to the post office and pick up my baby chicks [​IMG]

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    The hardest part is picking up the phone to make the appointment. Now it's over and I bet you feel relieved that you did it. Good job. [​IMG]

3. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    yeh, the dr. part didnt have me stressed , it was that lab work that had me in panic mode. But then when my GF drew the blood and it didnt bother me I felt alot better. normally I would have had to get a ride home but for once I walked out of there under my own power.

got my labs back today...everything was good except my sky high cholesterol of 250, how it's that high I have no idea but I guess they are putting me on a lowfat diet [​IMG]
    i'm 5'6 and 170 , not even fat...i'm fluffy LOL

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I'm so glad you went! And that was really cool that they allowed your GF to do the draw.

[​IMG]

5. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I'm glad you went as well!
    If you ate anything greasy a day or two before your test it may have an affect on your cholesterol!
    My friend had a test taken and she had an Arbys roast beef sub the night before and her levels were sky high. So they redrew and she ate better and her test levels were better!
    On the other hand my BIL, his levels were bad and he is young and thin, it run in his family, so he has to watch what he eats and they put him on meds!
    I also wanted to tell you if you start to feel really tired for no reason, it may be the reglan, it made me so tired I was falling asleep at work, standing up! I didn't know that sleepiness was a side affect, and I thought I was losing my mind!
    It didn't help me with the gull bladder though, and I suffered with the pain for years, finally this one DR did the sono and found I had sludge in there, so out it came and I feel so much better!
    I was in 11 grade when it all started, and didn't have it out till 2000! (15ys)
    I had an attack on time went to the er, the er doc pushed on the gall bladder area and said if it was your gull bladder you would have went thru the roof in pain. It hurt but I was like look I had my twins and nothing for the pain and one was breech! My pain tolerance is high. He sent me home with no test!
    I hate when they don't listen to you!
    Any way if and when you have yours out, just do one thing after surgery take your pain meds like you should every 4-6 hrs and don't wait till your in pain to take them, by then it is to late and you will be very uncomfortable!
    All in all it was not so bad, and the end result is so well worth it! I hate needles two, and I asked to be put out before they did anything and they were so kind about it!
    Take care
    Brenda

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]
    Good job, cool GF drew blood, she's a vampire? (phlebotomist)(sp)
    I'm 5'6" and 170 too!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Real glad you went. [​IMG] Keep us updated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by