Update on my Egyptian geese........

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickenzoo, Jul 6, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Isis & Osiris are doing well. They follow me around the yard as they think of me as the keeper of the water hose, LOL. they love playing in the water hose even though they have a pool and plenty of water bins. They can be a bit bossy to the younger geese, they will run into the middle of them, wings up, neck up... hissing... hehe, more of a playful watch what I can do type dance.I swear I can see them smiling. Nothing more aggressive then a typical bossy goose. They leave the chickens and chicks alone, don't try to push around the bigger geese after they tried it once and the Sebbies chased them off. So far nothing to show for their aggressive reputation. They are sooooo quite. I've only herd them a few times............ so much nicer than the mob of hollers and yells from the other geese... : )

2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Hahaha Just wait... Mine live at a friends house who only have a few Muscovys.... For a while here they were great birds....Until they wanted to make a nest they had a huge area but Killed 2 of my female Cayugas and Bossed my Lavander Ice almost killed my female... thats why they moved... They are very pretty birds.... Didnt work out for me but before I got them I talked to my friend who has a great set up for them and said he would take them if I have problems...

Ryan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by