Update on my hatching and help needed?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by megarinnyroo, Apr 17, 2009.

1. megarinnyroo

megarinnyroo New Egg

Apr 16, 2009
    Hi all,

We had three pip yesterday and all three zipped and hatched well, unfortunatly one of our little ones was only hatched for about ten mins and then died, he/she was weaker than the other two right from the off so not sure what happened there.

The other two survived the night and are now fluffy and gorgeous, moving around well and playing with each other lots!

Now this morning we came down at about 6:50 to find another totally zipped and 20 mins later he/she was out! But he/she has a problem, one of the legs is strong and can lift the chick but the other although looking the same isnt being used, the chick can move this leg but doesnt. its just laying there in the brooder I've put it where the other chicks are and it looks like its warm enough and they seem to be sitting next to it happily.

Any advice?

2. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Not quite sure. Can you post a pic? Is the foot ok--or curled? [​IMG]

3. megarinnyroo

megarinnyroo New Egg

Apr 16, 2009
    The foot is completely normal, not curled or sticking out or anything, thinking maybe the chicks just had a harder time than the other two getting out as he seems to be getting stronger, still not standing but using the leg more and able to crawl around, hes sleeping now with his head on the back of another chick! cute as they each have their heads on each other![​IMG]

4. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, just give him some time I guess. He may have spraddle leg--but you can fix that so just keep an eye on him. Good Luck and keep us posted! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by