1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Update on my mean rooster!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mother hen to many!, Nov 9, 2008.

1. mother hen to many!

mother hen to many! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2008
    Claypool, In
    Well... I called the guy. They came and got him and brought me the other birds. They are doing fine. He said they were layin. I have yet to see the fruit of their labor yet. Thats ok. I just think they are getting settled in. The guy is keeping the roo as his pet only. He is an older man with no kids. He is also going to get me a male and female turkey! WOO Hoo!

I have 8 hens and am only getting 2 or 3 eggs a day. I got 2 today and my saughter Sidney ( who is 5) said good mommy now u can bake me a cake today. So we had cake.
    This whole Chicken egg thing is pretty cool. I didn't think I would like it. But I really love it! [​IMG]

Thank you all for helping!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Watch out if you get a male turkey. I heard they can be pretty mean. My friends father got beat up by a tom and ended up getting a black eye and a broken nose. Not to mention a lot of cuts and bruises.

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I can only imagine what a turkey could do, I had a gander that was not raised here at my home and when my mother reached in to grab him out of the crate, he brought his wing up (not doing anything other then stretching to fly away), came up under her nose and broke it. Honestly, I do not understand why we didn't eat him! LOL.
    Have fun with all the birds you have!

4. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Quote:I know you are right, but the ultimate indignity is admitting to the guys that you got beaten by a bird.

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wasn't me that got beatin up!LOL Her father looked like he had been in a boxing match with a kangaroo right before he came to the show. I was planing on getting a turkey but now thats kinda strayed me away from that for now.

6. mother hen to many!

mother hen to many! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2008
    Claypool, In
    I have now decided that if I get the turkeys I am namint the male Tyson and letting my husband deal with them! lol. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by