Update on my mom's pregnancy

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Oct 15, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Mom is at the clinic for an ultrasound today. After being told that I was expected to act excited no matter what so she would not be embarrassed by her negative teenager, I opted for staying home. She's going to text me when they know anything.
    She hasn't had an ultrasound at all since Joshua was born. The only reason she's getting this one is that SHE THINKS SHE'S HAVING TWINS. Or is at least obsessing over the possibility. She herself was a twin, and says she FEELS much farther along than she should, with being able to feel something much higher than she should.
    I'm... not coping well, shall we say. [​IMG] I've basically been told to get my act (literally, act) together so that I don't negatively influence the feelings of my younger brothers and sisters, but it's not going well.
    If she has twins, I quit. Not that I CAN quit, or even know what I quit at, but I quit anyway. I don't know. I don't make sense right now. [​IMG]
    At least with the ultrasound, we'll know if there are any extra fingers and toes, which runs in the family.

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Well DH just said that you can come live with us. I am not having anymore babies, so you'd be safe. Or consider living with your Dad, and then you could hang out here some. [​IMG]

3. eenie114

Quote:[​IMG] Ohhhhhhh, NO!!! He's just trying to turn me into doggie chow!! [​IMG] That, or he wants me to bake brownies for you guys again. [​IMG]
    As far as living with my dad, I think I'd prefer twins to that, sadly. I fit in better here with Mom and company.

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    He'll take cookies too. [​IMG] In fact I think he would rather have cookies, than brownies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry, Eenie, ya can't quit. Man up err I mean girl up. This too shall pass (In 10 years or so.) [​IMG]

Good luck to your Mom.

6. eenie114

Quote:I don't mean that I'd actually quit. Saying I'd quit and knowing that I don't really mean it makes me feel better for some inexplicable reason.
    I'll be able to go off to college before the baby(s) are even eight years old, so my mom and younger siblings have it harder, I guess.

7. eenie114

Quote:Hmmmmm. Note to self..... *writes on arm*

8. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:I've always heard it "Cowboy up"

[​IMG] It'll be alright Eenie. You won't live there forever ya know.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:I don't mean that I'd actually quit. Saying I'd quit and knowing that I don't really mean it makes me feel better for some inexplicable reason.
    I'll be able to go off to college before the baby(s) are even eight years old, so my mom and younger siblings have it harder, I guess.

I knew that. [​IMG]

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I understand how you feel with all the extra responsibility. I too, was in your shoes. My mom had a nervous breakdown and had to be hospitilized after the birth of every child (4) . I helped my DAD carry that load. I had lots of trouble because I missed a lot of school. Housework while standing on a chair. Brothers and sisters who would come to me and not my mom.

I will tell you, it will make you a strong and independant young woman. You should be very proud of yourself. Hang in there. [​IMG] I can tell by reading your posts that you love your siblings very much. You will be crazy about this one or two also. I know deep inside your Mom is worried that she is putting a lot on you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by