Update on "my MS story"

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by homeschoolchick, Dec 19, 2011.

1. homeschoolchick

homeschoolchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    So, If you read my old post you know I had my silkies and polish diagnosed with MS. I only had ten and I didn't know what to do with them. I was going to keep them because I couldn't bring myself to have them culled.
    Well, last night on a crazy thought...I posted them on craigslist. I clearly stated they were diagnosed with MS. Thinking I would never hear from anyone, I went to bed. This morning I had three people interested! I had a gentlemen come and get all of my chickens this morning. He fully understood what it meant for them to have MS. He didn't care. He said he loves chickens so much and hadn't had any since childhood. He said he would take very good care of them and had a big garage type coop he would use for them and a large run ready.

I just wanted to post this in case anyone ever has to be in the same unfortunate situation. Maybe instead of culling you could advertise like I did and luck out.

Warm wishes!

Michele

2. iBoodle

iBoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Idaho
    How nice! While I don't know what MS is, I think it was very sweet of you to not cull them!

[​IMG]

3. homeschoolchick

homeschoolchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Quote:Thank you for the response. You should read up on the mycoplasmas that give chickens chronic respiratory disease. It would be good to know. I am thankful for someone willing to care for my chickens. I didn't want to watch them all die off quicker than normal. I also didn't want to cull them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by