UPDATE on my Nursing Career.....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Elite Silkies, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I DID IT............. [​IMG] I'm attending Southeastern Oklahoma State University!! My first week has been exhausting, but I'm getting the hang of it. It's pretty tough managing College, kids, 100+ birds, the house and so on.

I do miss being on BYC 24/7, lol. But, I do get to check in from time to time.

I had to take Zero Level Algebra [​IMG] because I suck! But, I have surprised myself, I have a 94 average so far. I guess the difference is I want to learn it now and in High School I had the attitude of why do I need it?

I keep debating on selling most of my birds or not, I just can't make up my mind. Some days I want to and some days I don't. Mondays, I really want to sell them (I'm in class until 8 pm).

2. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Congrats!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!!!! Nursing school is hard, but you can do it!!!!!
    [​IMG]

3. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Way to Go!! [​IMG]

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Congrats, that's awesome! My sister is a nurse practitioner and works in an oncology clinic. She really loves it.

Do they have Minus 50 Level Algebra? Because that would be the one I would have to take.

5. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG] I did the same thing. Got my degree when the kids were little. Good luck!!!

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] Way to go!

7. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG] Well, not sure how low it goes, but I'm in Elementary Algebra [​IMG] Depends on how the next 4 years goes, but I am considering getting my ARNP also.

I think I'm going to Specialize in Pediatrics.......

8. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Congratulations!!!

Thats quite a load you're carrying....especially when you have to do clinicals.

I'm thankful I've retired from Nursing

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Awesome! Congrats! [​IMG]

10. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:Yeah, I'm trying to declutter the house now, so that it's much easier to tend to, and debating on selling some birds, or rather alot of birds. Just haven't brought myself to do it just yet.

I have to take all of my Gen Ed's first, so I still have some time before Clinicals and it gets really crazy. I'm hoping anyway.

Did you not like Nursing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by