Update on My Pregnant Goat AnnaBelle *Pic HEAVY!!* BABIES!!Jan 5

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jenlyn9483, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hello everyone. Dec 8th I posted a pic of my goat Annabelle who is pregnant. I got her at the end of Sept at an auction. She looks to be mostly Oberhaslis with a little bit of possible Alpine. She is Small to Medium sized goat Not very much taller or longer than my MiniMancha and ND does. She was obviously bred when I got her, to anyones guess as to what kind of goat she was bred with. I had no idea she was prenant, I exposed her to a ND buck at the end of Oct and he never tried mating her and i began to see that she looked like she was getting bigger in the bellie. (She was VERY HOLLOW in the belly when I got her, very malnurished so I thought it was due to the new healthy diet she was getting). Well by NOV it was obvious that she was definitely pregnant and getting bigger every day. I posted this pic of her on Dec 8th

[​IMG][/img]

Everyone predicted December babies (with an 'S'). I kinda thought she might have a single and have it around new years. Some days she looks more huge than others.

Well Yesterday she started showing her first sign of Mucas. Not a whole bunch just a little bit seeping out...I'm going to guess about 2 weeks til babies. My friends goat just had babies and it took her a week past the time she had a stream of mucas coming out before she had her trips. I know every goat is different but....Thats my WAG, anyone else have a guess?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. chickorama

chickorama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Good luck with the babies!!! [​IMG]

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    No guesses on dates, but I vote for triplets! [​IMG]

4. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    If their is trips in there I would be surprised. One day she wont look so big like yesterday and then the next day she will look HUGE. I guess she carries it well. To me she doesn't look anywhere as big as my friends goat that had trips. But Anything is possible I guess. I got new years as the date.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I know how she feels. I swear I looked just like that both times I was pregnant (minus the tail) [​IMG]

6. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Looks like your gonna have double trouble !

7. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:[​IMG]...
    I can sympathize also, LOLOLOL

I am predicting one or two, I always had the feeling it was one though She just doesnt look that huge in person..Unless you look at her from behind or she is laying down, then she is ENORMOUS!

8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] She's HUGE! I say at least two! Her udder doesn't look full enough yet. Mine all waited this winter until a day or so before kidding to fill...

9. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] Yippeee more baby pics! I will be watching for them!

Good Luck!!!

[​IMG] Mitzi

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  10. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Helmstead, thats the pic from the 8th of Dec. I havent taken a pic today..they are fuller and she is bigger but she does still have some room in her udder. Very little. Its not REALLY tight yet but it is FULL. Needless to say since the show of mucas yesterday I have been watching her like a hawk every since. The fun part about this one is I have no idea what the daddy is so I dont know what to expect its going to be surprise babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by