Update on my RIR roosters dilemma

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bannerdb, Sep 8, 2011.

1. bannerdb

bannerdb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Donegal, Ireland
    Thanks to all you guys that helped me out over the weekend with my RIR rooster/hen dilemma! Just wanted to give you guys an update. I contacted the seller. He came and refunded my money and also gave me a French Copper Blue Maran hen on the house. He took 2 of the roosters with him. (I asked to keep one of them, as it had always been bullied by the other two and was noticeablly thinner). I then sourced some 25 week old ISA browns that have just started laying. and added them to the flock. So, all in all it turned out well in the end. I have a sneaking feeling that however, that he is going to kill the other 2 roosters, which makes me a bit sad![​IMG]

Also feel VERY silly that I didnt realise sooner that they were all roosters. Especially when I see my rooster standing next to my new hens! I was waiting for eggs for AGES!! [​IMG] I see the funny side also though.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Great the problem was solved! You wouldn't be the first first-time chicken owner waiting for their roosters to lay eggs.

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by