Update On my situation with Neighbors

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by StormyMoon, Aug 15, 2010.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Just wanted to give everyone an update on my situation with the trouble I had with neighbors and their dogs. 2 of their dogs died and of course they blamed me said I poisoned them. But I would never be so stupid to be caught on their property after sheriff gave them permission to shoot me. These people have moved out and I feel so much better now that they are gone. I believe their dogs died as results of the heat seeing they was on chains 24/7 there was no shade over their dog house our temperatures reached up to 110 the day before they died. We have electric fence up and working and have removed all busted fences and replaced with new wire. Now that everything is repaired and electric fence is in working order who ever moves in next door we wont have to worry about their dogs getting to our chickens. I also installed some security cams thanks to freecycle here in texas someone was giving them away plus monitor we are able to see our chickens 24/7 in the house.

Thank you to all the people on BYC who helped me with ideas for the fence and the electric fence, and for all the support you guys gave me....
    Much love to you all ((( Hugs ))))

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Congratulations on surviving the neighbors. I have worried about you. It is rather sad about their dogs. We all know that they will replace the dogs and probably do it again. [​IMG]

3. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:I am sure they will, when they left here 1 of their females was already with pup so I am sure they will have another lot of puppies to run around.

Thanks, yea I just waited it out here they probably saw us messing with the fence a lot but cause a lot of it is covered in vines on their side they cant exactly see what we are doing from their point I know I cant see through so I imagine it is the same from their point of view. But it probably freaked them out seeing us going along the fence line putting the electrical wire around not knowing exactly why our heads was bobbing up and down.

4. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Sounds like things have worked out for the best all the way around. I just wish the authorities would take that mother and pup away from them. Anyone who would leave dogs chained out the the sun in that kind of heat, needs to have the same thing done to them!!!

Glad it worked out for you. You were in a horrible situation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by