Update On Mysterious Black Chick!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by paul88, Jul 17, 2010.

1. paul88

paul88 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    A couple of weeks ago I posted here with a couple of pics of a black chick that hatched with eggs that were supposed to be golden pheasants. I finally got an email from the guy who sold them to me on ebay. He said somehow one of his black deavengers eggs got mixed up with the goldens. So I guess I have a black deavenger! Does anyone know, is that a bantam chicken or what is it?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. oleduke

oleduke Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2008
    WV
    Maybe he is referring to a Black d'Anver. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Quail/BRKQuailBty.html If you scroll down, you will see a Black d'Anver Bantam rooster. They all have beards and stand upright and very proud looking. I had a few years ago and the hens were very good sitters, but the roosters fought a lot. That is the reason I got rid of them. I must add mine were not black but white.

3. paul88

paul88 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Thanks oleduke! Thats probably what he meant. In fact I would bet that it is a rooster because he walks around with an upright posture and his tail is always pointing straight up!

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Yes, they are very cute Bantam Chickens. Little Roos think they are as big as JG roos, hehe. Hens are very sweet. I have Black, Quail & Cuckoo.... love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by