Update on naked chick....What am I ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseyjess, Nov 13, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Ok so a while ago I posted I had a naked chick problem. Well naked chick seems to be growing feathers if you want to call it that? I was wondering it almost seems like a silkie mixed with EE here are some new pictures and one old one thoughts? I am thinking the hatchery screwed up and someone got somewhere he wasnt supposed to to make this???

Here are some of the old pics from around 6 weeks old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here at almost 10 weeks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    woof! that sucker needs some feathers huh?

it looks uncomfortable being "on the stove burner"
    [​IMG]

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Oh my, i'm sorry, but that is one strange looking chick. Poor little thing. i do remember you posting when you first got it. i wonder what's wrong with the little feller? It does look to be an easter egger, with those green legs. Do you do anything special for it? Does it need a heat lamp from being so naked?

4. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    poor lil gaffer, looks like a good kind of meat bird, very little plucking required! (sorry couldnt resist, plus its on a stove [​IMG] ). hopefully it grows some feathers

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Is that the same chick that was supposed to be a frizzle?
    Well someone had a thread about why NOT to breed frizzle to frizzle- and the offspring were all naked like that. Poor little thing!

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Is that a beard that chicks face? I think Easter Egger.

7. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    I have no idea what it is, but mercy sakes, that is the saddest little chick I ever did see. Somebody knit it a coat.

8. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:It is the UGLIEST thing ever LOL!! So far the only thing is she is in a cage with only one other chicken. The other chicken is a double frizzle that gets picked on by everyone else. So they are buddies. On nights that it gets below 65 I put the heat lamp on them both and they snuggle.. Hopefully it looks like it is getting more down so as it warms up hopefully it has something covering its back and it can be loose and not sunburn during the summer.

9. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Quote:I agree with Maxx, Look at the 4th picture. Those cheeks scream EE to me..

10. flora

flora Out Of The Brooder

I think it is a Mutant Ninja Chick! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by