Update on Olive Egger Dot

chickenthyme

Songster
Feb 3, 2018
NE Ohio
I had posted a while back ago about her and that she had been only laying small eggs (like fairy sized) for months now. She has seemed fine doing all the normal chicken things other than laying normal sized eggs. She's a little over 2 years old and was one of my first girls to lay eggs.
BUT as of last evening I noticed she wasn't acting like herself. Kind of weary looking eggs, tail down and not moving too fast. I picked her up to examine her back end for anything abnormal looking but I still feel a bit new as to treating sick chickens.
I thought possibly she was egg bound so I did the epsom salt soak last evening and got her dried before bedtime but this morning she still isn't perking and not interested in eating.
Any thoughts?

Oh yes and I did let them free range a bit last week while I was working in the flower beds. :confused:

What is the temperature where you are? Would electrolytes help her?
When was the last time you dewormed the flock?
Was in the 70's yesterday and about the same today so not overly hot. Electrolytes might help if she'll drink. Just took strawberry tops out and she just watched as the others devoured them.
My bad. I've never wormed my girls. :rolleyes:

Actually since it seems like it's warmed up quite a bit this afternoon, I cut a slice of watermelon up and she and the rest have been digging in. She seems a bit better. I've been busy trying to give the coop a good clean. What a job!! :eek: Part way done.

I have not checked her mouth yet. Thank you for those who are giving me input. I surely appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom