update on our chicks 8 days old now

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by little blue, Aug 29, 2010.

1. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    our chicks were born last friday night saterday morning 3 black orps 1 blue orp an 2 showgirls we also bought 2 more 1 dayold blue orps we put in with them.they are all happy an healthy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    we are taking sugestions on names the big blue one is blueberry all the rest are not named

2. Payette

Payette Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    Earth
    Quote:Maybe you could name them after characters in greek mythology. ( Zeus, Athena, etc. ) I have a friend who does that. Or maybe you could name them after flowers. ( rose, lilly, daisy, etc. ) We named or buff orp Chrysanthemum. Just some suggestions.

3. AllCoop'dUp

AllCoop'dUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Creswell, Oregon
    I've been naming mine based on country of orgin or historical information. Dorkings were anicent Roman breed, so my roosters name is Roman. My Blue Andalusian from Spain, so he was named Indigo, but when he started crowing at 5 weeks, it got changed to Big Daddy...
    With Black Australorps coming from Australia, you could go with the names of the major cities...I did that with two kittens I had that looked like Koala Bears. Their names were Sydney and Melbourne.. Have fun with it!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by