Update on Sammy, the crossed beak chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Moriah, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Moriah

Moriah Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2008
    Springfield Colorado
    I just wanted to say a quick thanks to those of you on here who helped me out when I first started to realize she had an issue. Unfortunately another bird decided that she had lived long enough (14 weeks) and my husband found her dead with broken neck. She had become the favorite of both of us, so it was very hard to deal with because she was truly a fighter and had a strong will to live even with her deformity, she never took any crap from anyone, well I guess someone had enough (likely a rooster that has been being mean lately).

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I am sorry for your chicken!!! I haven't had that happen to me yet. [​IMG]

3. ChickLuver

ChickLuver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Walton, New York
    I 'm sooo sorry for your loss!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I have three cross-beaked chickens Ive had them for I think 13 or 14 weeks now? Id have to look I hand feed mine every night, and there all happy and healthy.

5. Moriah

Moriah Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2008
    Springfield Colorado
    Quote:I am glad they are happy and healthy, hopefully they will continue to do well, and that another bigger roo or hen doesn't get them.

6. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:I am glad they are happy and healthy, hopefully they will continue to do well, and that another bigger roo or hen doesn't get them.

Thankyou, I hope so too you always get attached to the "different" ones. Felix the crossbeaked white silkie gets baths and will often sit on my bed (in a diaper) while I read and he falls asleep its so cutee.

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Awww, so sorry for your loss... She's in a happy place now eating tons of food !! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by