Update on the '50 Lost in the Mail Chicks' Post and Survivor Pictures

mtnviewfarms

Songster
11 Years
Jan 30, 2011
North GA Mountains - Ellijay
Hello Friends - Some of you may have read my post earlier in the week requesting prayers and hopes for a positive outcome for the 52 chicks mailed to me from Meyer Hatchery that were overdue and FINALLY made it to my local post office for pickup very early Thursday morning after being shipped 3 1/2 days previous - late Monday afternoon - to their arrival .

I've already posted an update to the sad ordeal and on a 'happier note' wanted to share some very cute pix of the 'three chickateers' who are the sole survivors of the 52 less fortunate ones who were so adorable - even in death. These pix were taken earlier this morning.
Enjoy!

These little girls will be spoiled rotten along with the 'replacement' pullets Meyer is sending me in about 10 days. They said they would try to honor my request that they reach their post office earlier in the day than the others who didn't get there until 4 pm.

Elaine in Ellijay, GA

Last edited:
Moody Blues - We've ordered chicks from Meyer before and had no problems. Post office staff in my home town 'conjectured' that the storms of last
week in the northeast could have caused an airline delivery backlog which could have delayed them as they came from Ohio.

Priority mail the P.O. says is 'usually no longer than two days' but it is not guaranteed to be. Meyer has an 'arrive alive' guaranteed policy so I will get more chicks as they are available but it was soooooooo sad knowing they probably wouldn't survive when they didn't come as planned and then a day
later my fears were confirmed.

Elaine

Back
Top Bottom