Update on the house situation

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Guitartists, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, it seems my old post on the death of my FIL and all of the drama has been deleted??? [​IMG]

So, I am posting this here........

GOOD NEWS for a change....... spoke with the attorney today. We finally have a game plan and if all goes well we'll be making our last ever winter move this February! [​IMG] [​IMG]

DH has almost a months layoff.... which we will spend cleaning and painting and getting the bathrooms gutted out. That should take us right about to tax return time and we'll be able to pay someone to replace the bathrooms before moving all of our stuff in! [​IMG]

Then next year once we've saved up enough money for the probate, we'll hire the attorney and take it through probate. The attorney thinks that once we have the ear of the judge that he'll understand what the situation is and force the stupid brother to sign off. The house ended up appraising for less than 20 and 52 is owed on it. There's nothing for him to do but simply be difficult.... if he even bothers to do that.

So.... I'm feeling good for the first time since all of this began! Also, more good news, the funeral home is selling us a gravestone at their cost...which is going to save us 25%. Now to decide what should go on it. SIL wanted me to maybe draw a picture to have engraved on it. She was thinking a Semi truck since Terry used to drive truck.... but Pat LOVED Angels and she was the religious one... Terry didn't even want a funeral... so I'm leaning toward an Angel.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    :weeevc:woot

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
  4. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Huh... that's odd... I looked through my back posts and searched and hit no results.... maybe a glitch in the system?

What did you search for? I just did the search again .... searched for keyword 'death' and myself as the author... and yielded no hits????????

Hmmmmm.... so very odd...oh well [​IMG] Ok... added to my old post.... this one can be deleted [​IMG] Thanks for the link to the original post [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    It must be something wrong with the search because I searched for an old post yesterday and it wouldn't come up. Then I remembered who the original poster was and found another of their posts. When I clicked on their name and asked to see all of their posts it came up.

Also, I'm glad you got some good news. [​IMG]

6. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Glad to know it's not just me [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG] For the first time in weeks I'm feeling optimistic

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Ok. I locked this one down for you so you can continue on the original thread.

I tried the search again and this time it yielded no results. This is odd!!!!!!!!

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The search tables need to be rebuilt. I will need to shut the forum down for 5 hours to do so, so I've put this on hold until a very quiet long night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by