UPDATE ON THE LITTLE BLACK CHICK!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DonnaBelle, Mar 31, 2009.

1. DonnaBelle

DonnaBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    McIntosh County, OK
    In a weak moment at the feed store I saved a little black chick one week old (she was the last chick left, and they were going to deep six her and break down the brooders). I put her in with the 2.5 week old RIR's and the pecking began.

I took some advice from BYC and kept her apart for 3 days until I moved them all out to the big chicken house, (new digs) then I put her in with them, no problems at all. Too much new stuff to worry about I guess.

Anyway, she sure is cute, her name is GiGi and she is a black sex link. I'm so glad she has blended in and been accepted.

My husband gave me "the look" at the feed store when I bought her, but as usual I acted like I didn't see.

DonnaBelle

2. hungryhensfarm

hungryhensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    I would have done the same thing. As a matter of fact my husband has taken to going to the feed store alone or sends me with just enough cash to buy feed. I still managed to order 11 ameraucana chicks online. They won't ship until May 4th but I'm still going to have them. I am so excited but the wait is killing me. Literally.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by