Update on the PBGV pups

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by apbgv, Dec 23, 2007.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I have posted a bunch of pics on my website if anyone would like to see how big the pups have gotten they are 5 wks old today. They are starting to get whiskery now. So much fun but soooooooo much work I do probably 3 loads of blankets/towels a day for them and got through a ton of newspaper. Not sure if I will ever have another winter litter, at least in the summer I can take them out to play for awhile.[​IMG]
    www.checkeredflagpetits.com click on puppy pics

2. ChickenFanaticAB

ChickenFanaticAB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    They are sooo cute! Those are definitely hard to resist faces.

3. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Beautiful! I looked at the PBGVs when I was looking for my breed. But I am stuck to my herding dogs. Do love a good hound though. :)

We will (probably) be breeding my baby girl in the fall... I try not to completely stress about it. Pups are DEFINITELY a lot of work. And that is AFTER all the health certs, pedigree research, etc... sigh.....

4. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I didn't realize they were bunny hunters! How do they do with cats in the house or other small critters?

5. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    AMEN!!! we have a litter of 8 South African Boerboels and talk about the work... my washer is working overtime [​IMG] NO MORE WINTER LITTERS [​IMG]
    Denna

6. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Chickbea mine do great with cats as they have all been socialized early with them. One of them actually fosters kittens for me when I drag orphans home from work. I did have an incident with one chomping and damaging one of my cats eyes when she was in season last year and not eating much but didn't want anyone else to look at or eat her food. But otherwise they are great energetic dogs that get along with most animals except my chickens, rabbits, squirrels. but I want them to keep that hunting instinct but at the same time be great companions.
    They are getting very naughty at 5 1/2 wks but they won't be leaving til they are at least 8 wks. Oh the grey hairs ha ha but I love it.

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

how BIG do they get? seem large now .........beautiful and cute.........

8. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    They are 13-15" high at the shoulders and generally weigh about 27-35lbs give or take these will probably be about 13 1/2" tall and weight around 30lbs. They are solid sturdy dogs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by