Update on: "Yay! WE'RE MOVING!!!"

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    We've been trying to figure out a way that we could fit four people, two dogs, three cats, 12 chickens, one dwaf hamster, a fire-belly toad, five fish aquariums, and a betta bowl into a two bedroom house for years. It seemed impossible! (A little history about the house) It was built by my great-great-grandfather and great-grandfather, and my 103 year old great-grandmother is still living, we couldn't possibly all fit in that house so when my grandpa and grandma passed a couple of years ago, the house was empty. We didn't like that, so my cousin, his wife and two little girls moved in. Last month she had another baby, and it was a boy. There in now not enough space for them, so they are moving out the middle of March. We don't want it to sit empty again, so we had a decision to make: Move or stay? So we decided that we are going to pick up and move.
    [​IMG]
    We have about two and a half weeks to pack and a week and a half to do some minor changes and repairs. Now, we still had the bedroom issue. There is this room that we call the "Breeze way" and there are no windows/insulating. (and there is a terrible noise when the wind picks up...)So my dad and his friend are going to put up insulation and then drywall goes up then I can paint it! Later on we will put windows in. Wish us luck!

UPDATE!

WE GOT THE KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I will post pic.s later! this is the house from the front...
    [​IMG]
    SO BEAUTIFUL!

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    YAY! Your house is lovely! Congratulations! [​IMG]

eta: and I love your porch!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Congratulations! The swamp cooler brings back memories for me. :) I hope you make great memories there.

5. lorijohnson823

lorijohnson823 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Calhoun, KY
    Congrats on your new home! It's wonderful having something that you know is yours. It feels very rewarding. :)

6. KellerTX

KellerTX Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    Cool old house. What year was it built?

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I think it was 1940 something? I'm not for sure. Thanks!

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thank you! Yes it is. [​IMG]

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thank you much! I love hanging my legs off the porch every summer. I have many great memories there!

10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Haha! Thanks! I already have lived there before for a month or so at a time. I ALREADY have great memories there. I LOVE THE HOUSE! I almost cried walking through the house yesterday.
    Overwhelming!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by