UPDATE PIC HEAVY....Basset hound , Hooray! Sally has a home!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickfillhay, Jun 11, 2008.

1. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Thank you thewarriorchild for "Sally"
    I would've posted sooner but the electric company was fixing some power outage and now I'm back!
    My DH is still up north with her and will be leaving PA tomorrow. So I will be waiting for my peeps with anticipation! They all love "Sally" already and my little one Jorge (pronounced like George) is already cuddling up to her ears while sucking his thumb! I know.....he has to break that habit......but it is so cute! She will definately keep her name though because from what my DH tells me. She answer to it quite well!
    You couldn't have shown up at a better time. I had already planned to put my senior golden retriever "Zuzu down while they were gone. And now they are coming back with Sally. She is definately NO replacement for Zuzu but will help me and our Great Dane "Precious" get through it just fine. Sadly I put Zuzu down yesterday. I was not fit to talk to anybody then. So sorry, and so terribly sad. I was there with her to the very end. She was a good dog.
    LOVE
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    My sympathy for your loss. [​IMG] But congrats on your new addition! My husband has a weak spot for bassets and begged me for this girl! But with a newborn and 2 toddlers plus a full farm I just couldn't see her getting ample attention. I am SO very glad she got a loving home with children to play with! Happy endings are just wonderful. [​IMG]

3. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So sorry for your loss, but I do think that having a new "baby" around will help temper it some. It is really neat that you got her from someone on here. [​IMG]

I hope that your family will settle in with the new dog and that it will ease the loss of your ZuZu. I bet your Dane will love having a new friend. They are such sensitive dogs.

Congrats to you and your family!

Shelly

4. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Quote:Know what you're going through and sending you long distance hugs. I had to put down my beloved Mr. Dingle, our sweet kitty, yesterday, too. I also don't want to be around anyone. I know they're both in a better place, but it's hard not having them here. Maybe ZuZu and Dingle will meet and have a nice romp together - Dingle always loved playing with the dogs. :aww

5. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Quote:Know what you're going through and sending you long distance hugs. I had to put down my beloved Mr. Dingle, our sweet kitty, yesterday, too. I also don't want to be around anyone. I know they're both in a better place, but it's hard not having them here. Maybe ZuZu and Dingle will meet and have a nice romp together - Dingle always loved playing with the dogs. :aww

DOH! Where's my tissues? Lets have a good cry together! I am sorry you had to put down Mr. Dingle! WAH. But it is good to commisserate. Zuzu wasn't just a good dog. She was the best! I think she is playing with Dingle as we speak! Its been a long time since she's been able to play. She love kitties too!
    Zuzu Petals was her name. Named after the character on "It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart! AND so smart. Would not take more than 2 steps away from me unless I told her to. edited for spelling and adding

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  6. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I am sorry for both your losses...it stinks. [​IMG] Glad Sally was there to ease the pain. If you do not get pics up of Sally you may have a revolt on your hands! [​IMG] We are all asking in the other thread!

7. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Here are the pictures!!!!!!!Isn't she just beautiful!!!! [​IMG]

Sally and I are bonding very quickly. [​IMG] Although she is absolutely loveable and hugable to everyone in the house! She follows me wherever I may be. Right now she is lying at my feet while I fanagle these pictures onto BYC!
    She sleeps with my hubby and I! (On my side of the bed!
    So far We have been able to keep her interested in the back yard. She has not tried to escape except for when I am in the coop. She want to be there with the chickens!
    She runs up and down the long hallway into the family room when playing with Precious! You should see her sliding as she stops at the threshold of the family room!
    ENJOY THE PIX! [​IMG]
    There are more on my first post but some are worth putting in twice! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    How awesome!! I love the pictures!! I can not believe how huge your dog is! I can just picture her sliding! She is a good snuggler on the bed isnt she. I am SO glad she is happy there!! She really deserves it after all she has been thru.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by