1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UPDATE & PICS My son won Master Showperson in poultry and....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BBK, Sep 4, 2009.

1. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    At our local fair and he also won GRAND CHAMPION MARKET HOG yesterday.....[​IMG]
    We came home with pooped out kid...lol

I missed the poultry show, had to work, but got to see the pig show...all 4H. His pig weight 242lbs and beat out the heavy weight one.

So, all of the kids in our 4H club did very well. We had 4 that entry. One won Novice showperson.
    One came in second for middle weight after Ben.
    The other one had the best heavy weight and then all the winner for their weight division went against each other...and Ben won...

So, on Monday his pig will be first up for the auction. This is the second yr that he's won this....

Sat. is the 4H sheep show. [​IMG]

Melinda
    So He did it again....not showperson, but his sheep won GRAND CHAMPION MARKET LAMB
    Here he is in the showman's class, which took FOREVER. He's in the expert division and the judge said it was a hard choice. He came in 5th. See that banner behind him, the darker one, that's what he won, and who ever wins the auction gets the banner.
    [​IMG]
    And here he is winner his light weight division in the market catagory. then he had to go up against the middle weights. Which in total was only 4 sheep and 6 lbs seperated them all. But his sheep won. [​IMG] He got a banner and a trophy, but my camera died.
    So, basically what this all means is his sheep and pig will be the first to go up for auction Monday and it's better money....
    [​IMG]

today is open show for sheep...He usually does not do well here, but they're the first group this yr and then we're done. Usually we have to wait until the end of the show for market division and the open show goes on forever.
    I'm charging my camera for the auction, will keep you posted...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

~*~*~Congratulations~*~*~

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How exciting! [​IMG]

Tell your son congratulations! [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    How Fun!

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    WOw!!! well done... where are the pics pics pics

6. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    YES, we want PICS!!!!!

Congrats! That is so awesome!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Congrats! How exciting for your son! Great job!

8. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    Yes, it's been a very exciting fair this yr. Today is the auction...

Melinda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by