Update Picture of Blue Orp named Charlie

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Nov 23, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Charlie is growing. He is slow maturing. Has never crowed yet and as you can see his comb and wattles are still developing. He is a very smart Chicken and we really love him. His sidekick has had a name change by my DH. Was Bonnie and has now been changed to Oafie. My DH says he looks like and Oaf. Don't know if it is a pullet or cockerel although did try to crow a few times last month but not since that I have heard. Very sweet chicken that probably needs culling but to much personality and I just can't yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Charlie is very pretty! If they both are the same age, I'd think it would be safe to say that the other one in the picture is a girl. They are very nice. [​IMG]

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Here is another pair that I love that are growing very well. Georgie is a bit flighty and doesn't like to get his picture made.

[​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Becky they are the same age but Oafie has turned out to be stunted a bit. Getting broader though

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I love his pantaloons!!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Charlie is well endowed in the fluff department! Very handsome boy.

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    He does have nice fluff. I really like his personality too. He doesn't want me to pick him up but he is not flighty. Course I did hand feed them boiled and fried and scramble eggs when they took so long to feather in. The cold weather seeems to suit them well. I know our hot weather is rough on the Orpies.

8. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Julie, I just love those fluffy butts! I was just out playing with your grandchickies today. They are really growing. Those blues are getting so pretty! Of course, all of your birds are beautiful.

Paula

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Look at all that fluff! Charlie is gorgeous. [​IMG]

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I love their body shape! [​IMG] The fluff is wonderful too!!!

I really think that personality should be as sought after as other aspects when choosing stock...they don't have to be lap chickens but I don't want them to be attack chickens either. [​IMG]

They are lovely!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by