UPDATE post 37 Not the kitty CATS you want to see in your yard GRAPHIC

HorseFeatherz NV

Eggink Chickens
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Sierra Foothills of Reno, NV
We have 11 acres as some of you know. Our property is fully fenced – with 2x4 woven 4foot tall fence. Every morning we walk the entire property with the dogs.

This morning when we were almost at the nw corner of the property, TWO, yes two Mountain Lion “cubs” came busting out from the sage brush. Our dogs immediately give chase which results in two humans running, screaming at the dogs.

Cats run into the fence and bounce off. Dogs and cats face off.

I do not like to kill, just to kill – but I will protect what is mine.

Horses, geese, ducks, chickens and dogs are all “fine” – some battle wounds but fine compared to the cats. Yes, that is me and my 22
wink.png

31162_dsc_0565.jpg

31162_dsc_0570.jpg

31162_dsc_0576.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot
thumbsup.gif
too bad you had to shoot them though. Don't get me wrong, I understand why you did, they are just beautiful animals. Glad to hear that your livestock and pets are all OK though!
smile.png

I have lost several hens to a local bobcat. I do what I can to save the lives of cats and chickens but if it came down to it . . . I would not hesitate to "take out" ANYTHING that is after my animals.

Michael

I am glad everyone is ok. But it is sad they were beautiful. But I also would do what I had to to protect all my babies.

Well, I cried before and just after the shots. I really did not want to kill them either, but the thought of them coming back and making off with our old blind blue heeler or any of the fowl
sad.png
Then there are our own horses and a mini that lives behind us.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom