(update!!!) RED

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PAchickenlover, Jul 8, 2011.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Well I went out to check on Red this morning and there she was ate gate of the "sick pen" pacing back and fourth, wanting out! She still has a bad limp. But it seems that her energy is coming back. So I went up to my small chicken house and took my roo out (don't want him trying to mount her with her leg like it is) and I put Red in the pen. Well let me tell you she was as happy as a lark!! [​IMG] I just had to come on here and let every one know and thank every one again for all of their great advice!!! [​IMG] I knew I would be asked for pics so I went and took some to share

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are some of Red's chicks that my hen Punky raised. Punky Is the black and white Japaneese Bantam.
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see Punky better and one of Red's chicks.

Thanks again every one! Now I just hope the limp goes away.....

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    How wonderful to hear about your Red! I was thinking about you/her last week and wondered how it all turned out. Well I am so glad she is back up on her legs and at least moving! Sounds like she will heal up well and get back to her great chicken life! Good job! [​IMG]

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    We likes to see happsy chickenz!!! [​IMG]

4. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    I know I could not have done it with out every ones help!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by