*UPDATE* Silkie walking on her knees

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by daddysgirlz, Jul 16, 2010.

1. daddysgirlz

daddysgirlz In the Brooder

May 15, 2010
    M, WI
    Thanks for all the help....I helped my silkie by treating for the least troublesome issue I thought was making her walk on her knees and worked my way up to treating for the worst case issue. Started with vitamin therapy, no change, then switched to a grower feed instead of layer ( they have not layed yet), then treated for cocci in all the birds. Took three weeks to go through all the steps and this morning I went out to change water and she greated me standing and running around with all the others!!!! I will continue with adding the vitamins and electrolytes to the water for a few weeks and they will now stay on the grower feed until someone lays an egg. I really think it was a vitamin deficiency as the dumb feed guy gave us layer crumbles for chicks that were only 11 weeks old. I thought it was Mareks and am glad that it is not!!! First time with chickens and we have only had them for 3 months now....Thanks again for all the help and the emcouragement!!!

2. kingdr85

kingdr85 Songster

May 7, 2008
    Madison-Columbus WI
    Awesome news![​IMG]

3. daddysgirlz

daddysgirlz In the Brooder

May 15, 2010
    M, WI
    Yes...I was very hapy this morning...and she looks happy too! Now they better give me an egg soon!!!!

4. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Songster

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: