Update, Son and baby in ER last night

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turned out that the baby has a mild case of Pneumonia that we caught early. She will be fine.

As for my son, We are still not sure what was causing him to throw up so much (they gave him a trash bin to throw up in at school, that's how bad it was). They think it was caused by a middle ear infection but they are not 100% sure. They gave him IV for med as well as rehydrating him (wasn't easy, he is TERRIFIED of Needles! took 3 ppl to hold him down to get IV in). They held him for 7 hours, wanted to hold him overnight but since he stopped throwing up and was improving, they released him.

Now both kids are on medication, more for poor Son (already taking 9 meds, adding 2 more is 11 meds, that's ALOT for a 4 year old).

Things are just CRAZY lately. Good news is, hubby might be going back to school tonight, his dad is letting him borrow the car to go to school. Also, his doctor said that he can go back to work but not to OVERDO himself (which I know is IMPOSSIBLE with that man). Only problem with him going back to work is...Our truck is still down, we need a new rear end! and we DONT have $200 for one at the junk yard, ARGH!

2. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. [​IMG].

3. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] you are all in my prayers......my daughter ended up in the emergency room because she got that horrid flu and could NOT stop with the throwing up......it is rough......[​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    There are in our prayers. [​IMG]

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I'm sure glad everyone is home now.

It's tough sometimes but you'll get through it. And there's lots of caring folks here at BYC any time you need to talk.

What is it that your son has to take so many meds for? So young to have to endure this but he sounds like he was a trooper, even if he doesn't like the needles and all.

My prayers be with you,
    Gretchen

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Hope they figure out the problem with DS, my DS had a vomiting spell like that when he was 2, and they never did find a cause for it. He must have thrown-up 10 times at least in under 2 hours. The idiot doctor at the ER decided to give him an oral anti-emetic, of course that didn't work [​IMG] Finally, either the tiny bit that absorbed into his system kicked in, or it just stopped, either way, he's never had issues with that again.
    I missed what happened with your DH (I think), but they say bad things always happen in threes, so it can only get better [​IMG]

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] So sorry to hear about your little ones. I sure hope they start feeling better soon.[​IMG]

10. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    I hope you get through it quickly. We had a round of that a while ago, son got the ear infection, daughter got pneumonia, both had 104f fevers. I got it from them, lost 17 lbs.

Now this past weekend we got to have a bug exchange with the west coast inlaws, and everyone's kids have fevers and are hurling again ...

It's going around. And around.

Hope yours have a mild case and get over it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by