UPDATE: They're here!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenbuddy, Apr 15, 2009.

1. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Songster

Jun 4, 2008
    My order from Ideal shipped (or at least supposed to) today! I should be getting my little fuzzy butts tomarrow hopefully! [​IMG] I've got the brooder ready: Bedding of pine chips with two feeders and a waterer. I can't wait! I haven't recieved mail order chicks in a long time.

BUT

I might not be able to see them when they come in, for I have to be somewhere perhaps right after they come in! [​IMG] So I might have to miss the joy of opening a box cram full of chicks! [​IMG] Maybe my family will put them back in right before I come back, so I can have the sensation! [​IMG] Oh well, at least they're finally on their way! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009

2. Fancie

Fancie Songster

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    mine too!!! yea [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats.

I always use paper towels for the first week. I've seen too many chicks try and gulp down the chips.

4. raroo

raroo Songster

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Congrats! [​IMG]

My chick day is July 24th. Wheee!

5. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Songster

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    Congrats! [​IMG] Mine are also shipping today [​IMG] but I have to wait till 3:00 after school to see them [​IMG]

6. Fancie

Fancie Songster

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    Mine will be coming in in the morning... I'm gonna have such a hard time sleeping.... I ordered them back in march I think... so I vagley remember what I am getting. I know silkies, frizzles and sultans... exactly what colors or how many [​IMG]

7. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Songster

Jun 4, 2008
    Well, they're here! The seem pretty good on just the bedding. but I might go ahead and put on some paper towels. However, one is a little quieter than the others. I'll just have to keep an I out for that one and hope for the best. AND Ideal forgot to send my buff orps! [​IMG]

Oh, well, they're still awfully cute, buff orps or no [​IMG]

8. raroo

raroo Songster

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Have any piccies of your new babies? [​IMG]
    Will you be getting your buff orps shipped to you later?

9. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Songster

Jun 4, 2008
    I hope to get some up here! Man, they are only like three days old and they already have some feathers! They grow like weeds! I don't think I'll have them ship to me only two buff orps cause they'll probably will have to pack in 20 roos. [​IMG] So I'll just probably try to find some at the few feed stores we have around here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by