1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UPDATE: They're here!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenbuddy, Apr 15, 2009.

1. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    My order from Ideal shipped (or at least supposed to) today! I should be getting my little fuzzy butts tomarrow hopefully! [​IMG] I've got the brooder ready: Bedding of pine chips with two feeders and a waterer. I can't wait! I haven't recieved mail order chicks in a long time.

BUT

I might not be able to see them when they come in, for I have to be somewhere perhaps right after they come in! [​IMG] So I might have to miss the joy of opening a box cram full of chicks! [​IMG] Maybe my family will put them back in right before I come back, so I can have the sensation! [​IMG] Oh well, at least they're finally on their way! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    mine too!!! yea [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats.

I always use paper towels for the first week. I've seen too many chicks try and gulp down the chips.

4. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Congrats! [​IMG]

My chick day is July 24th. Wheee!

5. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    Congrats! [​IMG] Mine are also shipping today [​IMG] but I have to wait till 3:00 after school to see them [​IMG]

6. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    Mine will be coming in in the morning... I'm gonna have such a hard time sleeping.... I ordered them back in march I think... so I vagley remember what I am getting. I know silkies, frizzles and sultans... exactly what colors or how many [​IMG]

7. chickenbuddy

Jun 4, 2008
    Well, they're here! The seem pretty good on just the bedding. but I might go ahead and put on some paper towels. However, one is a little quieter than the others. I'll just have to keep an I out for that one and hope for the best. AND Ideal forgot to send my buff orps! [​IMG]

Oh, well, they're still awfully cute, buff orps or no [​IMG]

8. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Have any piccies of your new babies? [​IMG]
    Will you be getting your buff orps shipped to you later?

9. chickenbuddy

Jun 4, 2008
    I hope to get some up here! Man, they are only like three days old and they already have some feathers! They grow like weeds! I don't think I'll have them ship to me only two buff orps cause they'll probably will have to pack in 20 roos. [​IMG] So I'll just probably try to find some at the few feed stores we have around here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by