Update-they're moving to a farm! Roosters must go-CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Henrietta23, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Hatched Feb 21 and 22, Oliver and George are now 6 months old. We tried keeping them here but the crowing is too much for our neighborhood. Oliver is half silkie and half buttercup. George is a silkie with two different color parents. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I can take updated pictures if necessary.
    They both see me as head roo and challenge me every few weeks. They are fine with my 6 year old son and my husband.
    I really need help finding them somewhere to go. I can't process them myself but I'm willing to let them go no questions asked at this point. I don't need to know the outcome.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  2. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Oliver is going to his foster home today. I placed them on Freecycle with some reservations but the only guy to contact me is going to take them to his pastor's farm. My husband had all of the pastor's sons (all 12 of them!) as students so he knows the family. I had a few of them in the year I was a speech pathologist in the school system.
    My son asked if we could try keeping George since he's not as aggressive. We're going to try but will be able to have him got to the farm with Oliver if it doesn't work out.
    Huge sigh of relief here! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know that relief! Good for you.

4. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    [​IMG] So far George is behaving himself. I'm not sure he's quite figured it out yet that he's the only roo. But I was able to walk around the yard and drink my coffee on the deck without a tomato stake in my hand to ward off attacks. And no one crowed until 6:15. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by