UPDATE: Way toooooooooooooooo early pipping!!!...PICS JUST ADDED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rgvchicks, Mar 24, 2012.

1. rgvchicks

rgvchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    weird thing did happen today.....out of the 71 eggs i set in my fridge bator, i already took out 14 of them because they started piping....they weren't due till the 28th-29th if i remember correctly......good thing i had at hand the 2nd bator i have on lockdown with my black sexy lingk/jersey giant eggs which is also piping so i set them 14 eggs in there with their humidity at 75% hopefully they do well ....crossing fingers...........[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. Cecilcountychic

Cecilcountychic New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
    Cecil County, Md.
    How can you save them?

3. rgvchicks

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    i think what happened is that my neighbor took a while to collect the eggs at his farm and since it's been hot down here in south texas those eggs i got from him for my incubator some were already incubating themselves by the heat of the day....that's the only logic idea i can come up with .....so those eggs were already 4 to 5 days incubating themselves by the heat of the day and that's why they were early pippers.....like i said good thing i had another batch on lockdown due tomorrow so i just added them to that batch.......[​IMG].......i was running like crazy trying to get them to my bator with it's ideal humidity 75% where i have my other batch.....[​IMG]

4. rgvchicks

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    lol....[​IMG]......can you beleive this.....my batch due for 28th-29th just beat the batch i have in lockdown of my black sex link/jersey giants due for tomorrow......here some pics.....first chick just popped out.....and several zippings happening as i speak.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kori

Kori Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Copperas Cove,Texas
    thats crazy!!!!!!!!but really cool at the same time!!!!!!!!!!good thing u had the other incubator!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Quote: ackcidentilly clicked the 'quote' button when going 4 the smily one...........oops!!!!!!!!

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Wow! Coolness!

7. rgvchicks

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    more pics.....went outside to check on my fridge bator ....just to be on the safe side and BOOM!!!......3 more pips.........[​IMG].....got my black sex link/jersey giants on lockdown with pips and i'm adding more pips from my fridge bator that went crazy on me.....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. rgvchicks

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    ok....so we got 3 chicks out of the fridge bator eggs i moved in to my lockdown bator.....black sex link eggs are pipping but not zipping yet.......here some pics of my 3 mutts so far....2 of them naked necks.....[​IMG]....had to move them to my 3rd bator the one i just sett eggs on the 21st because the one on lockdown had the fan too close to the chiciks and could get hurt....i'll do an adjustment tomorrow after all eggs hatch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    awesome! that is so funny your eggs are hatching before the other ones! LOL! (btw if it was me, just cause I'm immature, i would have labeled them "jersey sex" [​IMG])

10. Cecilcountychic

Cecilcountychic New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
    Cecil County, Md.
    Cool! It looks like they are doing well!
    :lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by