UPDATE

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckgirl99, Nov 4, 2013.

1. duckgirl99

duckgirl99 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2013
    BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
    [​IMG]

Sorry, I have been really busy lately!So the injured Penkin has passed. And the mallard migrated.Know i have a Blue Swedish and a Cayuga. They are both doing great and I really enjoy them.
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture before the mallard flew away.(white freckles-pescado,big black one-mike,small-beau)
    My dad goes to target about twice a week to buy frozen corn that the ducks love! They come will come running to you when you go outside!GOOD NEWS:We will be getting 6-12 new baby mallard ducking in May!But we do not know if the ducks we have now are boy or girl, we will just have to wait. Thanks :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    how old are Freckles and Mike? I'm not seeing a drake tail feather, well maybe on Freckles not sure. By the way they are beautiful and what a gorgeous place for them.. maybe this will help you decide on gender.. http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. duckgirl99

Aug 5, 2013
    BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
    I got them around June 2013.And do you know how/what to do for the nesting box if one of them is a girl?

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They have a house right? then just give them a lil area off to one side when she can have a bit of privacy. very simple i'll show you what I did, gotta go get the pic.
    [​IMG]scrap plywood

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. duckgirl99

Aug 5, 2013
    BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
    yes they have a house, but they never use it. They just sit on the edge of the pond.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by