UPDATED (1st post) Last Chance Hail Mary (or Harry) - EE @ 6 weeks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by figlette, May 8, 2008.

1. figlette

figlette Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Update - Y'all guessed it. Over the weekend the chicken formerly known as Lulu sprouted a couple iridescent feathers. Not really a girly look. We will be taking him to his new home in the country this weekend where he will be tasked with overseeing a flock of hens as the lone rooster. Lucky boy. Thank you again everyone.

I know y'all have wagered guesses before, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving Lulu/Loulou one more look. The chicken in question is the black and white Easter Egger (or is it Eggette [​IMG]). I am starting to lean roo, which is upsetting because Lulu is a nice, nice bird and I am going to have a tough time taking her back to the farm if she is a he. Thank you all again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Six weeks, red, raised comb=cockerel, I'm afraid. Pretty bird. Are you sure you cant keep him?

3. figlette

Apr 10, 2008
    First off, thank you for taking a look. I have had a feeling that she is a he and am just sick about it. Lulu has come so far from that flighty, homely, nervous chick that I brought home. We live in the city, so I am afraid a law prevents me from keeping him. Darn, darn, darn.

Any hope that he just won't crow and no one will know? I kid...sort of.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, my own Ameraucana rooster, Scout, didnt crow till 15 weeks old, so maybe you have a little longer with him. I know it's hard. Maybe I'm wrong! Maybe someone will tell me I'm full of chicken poop and that's a girl... [​IMG] Oh, Jody! Where are you??? Tell poor figlette what this chick is. I'm happy to be wrong.

Are you sure of the law? Did you actually see one prohibiting roosters?

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. figlette

Apr 10, 2008
    Afraid I have seen it and unless I can pass him off as a girl, I am in trouble. We have three chicken families on this block though, so who would know it was me?

Thank you again. You broke it to me gently and I appreciate that. [​IMG]

6. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    You may want to check your town laws first before you just get rid of him. But he does look like a HE to me. He looks great.

7. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    He's beautiful and looks like the roos I just gave away. Sorry you can't keep him.

8. figlette

Apr 10, 2008
    Thank you everyone. [​IMG] I am pretty disappointed. The law is unfortunately clear out here. [​IMG]

9. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    What a pretty EE. I think it's a boy. He looks like my roo, and they are about the same age. Give or take a week.

[​IMG]

10. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    mine are the same age and breed and yours looks like a he...handsome boy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by