UPDATED (1st post) Last Chance Hail Mary (or Harry) - EE @ 6 weeks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by figlette, May 8, 2008.

1. figlette

figlette In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Update - Y'all guessed it. Over the weekend the chicken formerly known as Lulu sprouted a couple iridescent feathers. Not really a girly look. We will be taking him to his new home in the country this weekend where he will be tasked with overseeing a flock of hens as the lone rooster. Lucky boy. Thank you again everyone.

I know y'all have wagered guesses before, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving Lulu/Loulou one more look. The chicken in question is the black and white Easter Egger (or is it Eggette [​IMG]). I am starting to lean roo, which is upsetting because Lulu is a nice, nice bird and I am going to have a tough time taking her back to the farm if she is a he. Thank you all again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Six weeks, red, raised comb=cockerel, I'm afraid. Pretty bird. Are you sure you cant keep him?

3. figlette

figlette In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    First off, thank you for taking a look. I have had a feeling that she is a he and am just sick about it. Lulu has come so far from that flighty, homely, nervous chick that I brought home. We live in the city, so I am afraid a law prevents me from keeping him. Darn, darn, darn.

Any hope that he just won't crow and no one will know? I kid...sort of.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Well, my own Ameraucana rooster, Scout, didnt crow till 15 weeks old, so maybe you have a little longer with him. I know it's hard. Maybe I'm wrong! Maybe someone will tell me I'm full of chicken poop and that's a girl... [​IMG] Oh, Jody! Where are you??? Tell poor figlette what this chick is. I'm happy to be wrong.

Are you sure of the law? Did you actually see one prohibiting roosters?

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. figlette

figlette In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Afraid I have seen it and unless I can pass him off as a girl, I am in trouble. We have three chicken families on this block though, so who would know it was me?

Thank you again. You broke it to me gently and I appreciate that. [​IMG]

6. mmajw

mmajw Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    You may want to check your town laws first before you just get rid of him. But he does look like a HE to me. He looks great.

7. Gindee77

Gindee77 Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    He's beautiful and looks like the roos I just gave away. Sorry you can't keep him.

8. figlette

figlette In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Thank you everyone. [​IMG] I am pretty disappointed. The law is unfortunately clear out here. [​IMG]

9. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Songster

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    What a pretty EE. I think it's a boy. He looks like my roo, and they are about the same age. Give or take a week.

[​IMG]

10. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Songster

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    mine are the same age and breed and yours looks like a he...handsome boy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: