Updated Added Full Body Pix Of Four Of Them.

Lil'ChickFarm

Songster
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Full Body images added to help identify.
Did not add in number 5 as I know it is a ROOOOOOOO~!!! lol Thanks for all your help.

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

Ok, here is all five of my chicks. Un named yet because I think I have alot of roos.
Number ONE I fully believe is a girl and number FIVE, I fully believe is a boy, so no leg pictures of them.
The other three are the uncertain.
1, 2 are about 9 weeks old.
3,4,5 are about 7 weeks old.

Number one is my most compliant one and number five just runs from me big time and this little one struts his stuff all the time.
2,3, and 4, don't show any strutting behavior yet.
Of those three, number two is the same size as number one.
Number 3 has far more tail feathers then four and five, as though four and five are slower going.
Number 1 and 2, both have dainty legs and numbers 3-5 all have stalky legs.
Give me the straight poop here.
I sure hope more then one is a girl.
These are all EE/Rhode Island Red mixes. Some could be straight RIR or EE.
Need more photo's? Just ask. I love photographing anything, lol

1.jpg

2.jpg

2f.jpg

22.jpg

3.jpg

3f.jpg

4.jpg

4f.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you. So two is a pullet, even though it has a little redder comb then one?
Their combs are the same size though. Yes I think two is an EE mix. One is a RIR. Three is fully EE and 4/5 appear to be RIR.

Quote:
Really? I am curious why? Because it is more yellow? 2 has more pink but everyone says a pullet.

At 9 weeks old, it's only starting to pink, but the comb size isn't bigger. She would look more like #5 otherwise. Also, I had a few like that as well, but they are all pullets. If it would ease your mind a bit better, post a full body shot and see what everyone thinks then.
smile.png

I still say 2 is a pullet. I don't see any feathers that say roo to me. Also, I'm upgrading 4 to roo based on what I see.
So 1,2 are pullets and 3,4,5 are roos.

Back
Top Bottom