UPDATED!!! Day 21 tomorrow for my broody!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by babyboy1_mom, May 27, 2008.

1. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    Tomorrow is day 21 for my broody hen. I had 11 mutt eggs under her, but she kicked one egg out early on and ate it. A few days ago, while she was off the nest eating, I found a underdeveloped baby in the nest box. I removed it.

This evening, when I went to check my chickens before dark, she stood just enough for me to see her eggs and there was at least one that has a pip in it. I am going to have babies soon. I am so excited. I can hardly wait.

Dorothy

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Best of luck to you!! [​IMG]

3. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Good luck ! [​IMG]

4. babyboy1_mom

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    When I went and fed up this morning and checked on my broody, there is at least one baby under her. I saw a little yellow head sticking out from under mom. It was so cute. I will let you all know on the progress.

Thanks,
    Dorothy

5. babyboy1_mom

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    My broody hatched out 7 babies. YEA!!! I have 2 EE's,
    1 RIR & 4 little black ones (RIR daddy & barred rock mommy).

I wasn't thinking when I moved my broody and her eggs to a "basket." When I got home today, then she was out of the basket with one baby. She couldn't get the one baby back in the basket or get the other six out of the basket...lol I hurried and set up a big dog crate and put them in it. They are happy, except when I peek in to see them. Then mommy isn't a happy hen..lol

Dorothy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by