1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

updated frillback pigeon pics with a squeaker added!! lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by therealsilkiechick, Jan 6, 2009.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    alright i've been sick and had my cam die on me so i haven't got to share pics really for awhile so here is a bunch of pics for all to enjoy. [​IMG]
    silkie

malachite is dad on left and mom is onyx on right.
    [​IMG]

this is their first squeaker!!! on hatch day, wow was it itty bitty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is queaker at 5 days old i think it was.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this is squeaker now today she is 9 days old and i believe it looks like it will be a black like mom she is starting to get pin feathers and look gray colored.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

will post pics of my other adults in a few.

and in case u all didn't know squeaker is my first ever pigeon baby so we r all new parents!!!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    this breeder pair is on eggs again. first round was duds so keeping my fingers crossed.

this is alexandrite my hen
    [​IMG]

and her mate topaz later on his shift,lol.
    [​IMG]

and these r my youngest breeder pair they haven't started yet but should soon. this is pebbles and cocoa.
    [​IMG]

i think this one is pebbles.
    [​IMG]

and this one is cocoa.
    [​IMG]

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Thanks for sharing pictures. They are really neat birds. Love the curley feathers. I'm thinking, my next project.... [​IMG]

4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    OMG!! They are sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I have wanted Frillbacks and Capuchines for a long time. [​IMG] Your birds are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing pics.

Lisa

5. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    very pretty pigeons. I have always wanted frillbacks. your so lucky. I wish my pigeons would lay again!

6. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Very nice birds there!

Isn't it amazing how FAST they grow?

7. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Your adults are gorgeous AND that squeaker.....nothing can prepair ya for how big those beaks look!! wow! LOL! I guess though the way they feed from the parents would make sense to why that is [​IMG]

8. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thanks for all the comments. [​IMG] sorry i didn't answer sooner been sick again. [​IMG]

real, that is where they get their name from all those curls on the backs r frills = frillbacks. they would make an awesome project they r very well mannered birds, loveing babies and great parents. we raise ours as house pets like they r parrots. [​IMG] the sheen colors on them r amazing, [​IMG] i don't know if u can see it on them in the pics or not it's what i used to pic the gem names on those ones.

peeps, thank you those were 2 of my top favs when i was decideing which breeds to get, took me years to get up enough nerve to give pigeons a try. they r even more beautiful in person and i'm glad i went with them first they r an excellent breed. i'm hooked now couldn't imagine life without them already, should have got them many years ago!!

yes they grow fast i see her everyday a growth spirt noticeable. i'm hopeing to have birds to sell this year from them so keep a watch out after weather breaks. [​IMG]

i have to laugh at her beak it looks so huge, rotfl. i do love it though. she is getting her personality some and starting to creap a little. every day i hold her and nuzzle her since mom and dad do not constantly sit on her now for warmth. they r attempting i think to start a new nest since he has started calling again. well the baby thinks i want to feed it so funny it's like she is giveing kisses but actually she is looking for food even though she is a hog and her crop is huge, to funny to see.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  9. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:that is soo cuuuute! [​IMG]

10. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Gorgeous pigeons, Mary! Im glad you finally got a baby, mine wont stop trying to hatch some! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by