Updated Golden Laced Cochin (large fowl) pictures! VERY PICTURE HEAVY!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I took some pics of my pair of GLC today--the other hen is SERIOUSLY broody...she's on some GLC & Light Sussex eggs.
    Barnabus--and yes, his comb looks funny...he got in a fight with my Sumatra rooster (through the wire) back this winter while I was at work. His comb bled & froze & got frostbitten off...so it's from an injury...he used to be "normal" looking. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clementine with her new saddle...she hates it, too! But it seems to be helping.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh I cannot forget my broody one....her name is Beatrice--I know, not very creative since my other Beatrice passed away not very long ago but I love the name!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    WOW! More Gorgeous chickens! You make me want to write Cochins down on my next years wish list. How big are your roosters? They look enormous! I only wish that someday I will have a rooster as "not normal" as Barnabus, LOL!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

LOL Thank you! My cochins are large birds...of the two large cochin breeds I have, the Lemon Blue rooster is larger than my Golden Laced. I'm working on adding more size to them, though. I would guess he's 12lbs? Cochins are addictive--they are VERY sweet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by