UPDATED...HELP PLEASE - SEE Page 4 #34

hatchaholic

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
South Carolina
And I'm only on day 19. I came in from work and feeding the animals and I have one egg that is zipping and one that has pipped.

I'm not ready!!! I've been spending time at the hospital with my MIL and I haven't fixed my brooder yet. I thought I had plenty of time...How much time do I have before I have to move them from the hatcher??

Also, the one has pipped actually pipped in the middle of the egg. I'm not using egg cartons; the eggs are flat on the wire. Is it likely that i'm gonna have problems with this one???

OMG....Help me get thru this.....
idunno.gif
hu.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had them pip in the small end before and be alright but I would give it time. Its a judgement call but if you open the bator it will dry out the membrane and could mess up your other eggs.

I'm sending my son to get the rubbermade tote now. I have a big brooder set up, but it's in the barn. We used it for my chicks we got at a day-old. But, it's supposed to be down in the 30's for the next couple of nights. I don't think the heat lamp will keep it stable enough while they're so little. So, a trip to Wally World it is...

It can be quick or it can take awhile. Just dont open the bator or try to take it out. It may not have absorbed all the egg yolk and blood yet. They do rest and sometime for quite a while.

Oh, don't worry. I don't care if I have to use my kids toy handcuffs...I'm not touching those eggs. LOL!

I figure if it's meant to be, then they'll hatch.

Will ya'll tell on me if I call in sick to work tomorrow? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom