UPdated! I finally have a REAL PIP!! Not imagined!! No mistake!! PG 6

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quail_Antwerp, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Started with 9 silkie eggs from Tori (Mrs. Ak), I accidently broke one by dropping it...put the remaing 8 under Mama hen, and 7-8 days later had veining and chicks swimming in all 8!!

I candled on day 14, and one chick had expired. The remaining 7 still going strong!!

She also has 2 other bantam eggs under her from another OEG hen and both of those eggs are developing well, too!

My favorite egg is a little brown one from EmmyLou...soon as she hatches, I am naming her LouLou!! My favorite egg from Elvis is going to be named Tori! No matter what they turn out to be boys or girls, that will be their names LOL

[​IMG] for everything to continue to go well!

Mama got of the nest on her own today to eat and drink! [​IMG]

edited for typo.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG] Me too! I have a hen setting on 8 eggs, plus 2 in the bator, that are due on Monday/Tuesday!! I can't wait!! Hope I get some more splash babies!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  3. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Three more days to go!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You're almost there! It is so exciting, isn't it....just wait til you see that first pip! It's amazing....makes you just want to sit and watch the egg all day!
    Good luck! Hope you have a great hatch!
    [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

5. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    needmorechickens! :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You're almost there! It is so exciting, isn't it....just wait til you see that first pip! It's amazing....makes you just want to sit and watch the egg all day!
    Good luck! Hope you have a great hatch!
    [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

yea except since they are under a broody, I won't know until they are out! LOL​

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] You may start hearing peeping on Saturday or Sunday... resist the urge to check on the eggs unless you see that momma's being bad. I will usually check once on day 21, then just leave her alone. I can't wait to see your new babies!!

7. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I can't wait to see them either! Little Miss Smarty pants figured out how to move her food dish closer to the brooder area, she doesn't move off the nest to eat now, just puts her head around the corner and grabs bits [​IMG] Runs off 1-2 times to get a drink, poo, then back on the nest. When I peeked in today to give fresh food & water I laughed outloud when I saw how she set herself up to eat without getting up LOL

8. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    When I checked on Henny Penny today she was off her nest getting a drink, pooing [​IMG] so I peeked at the nest.

ARGH no pips yet!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] C'mon Monday! The wait is killing me!!

9. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh so close but it will feel like forever away!!!! LOL [​IMG] Won't be long till she is out and running around with them in the yard!!! [​IMG]

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It's gonna be a long weekend! lol Good luck with the hatch. [​IMG]

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by