UPdated! I finally have a REAL PIP!! Not imagined!! No mistake!! PG 6

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
Started with 9 silkie eggs from Tori (Mrs. Ak), I accidently broke one by dropping it...put the remaing 8 under Mama hen, and 7-8 days later had veining and chicks swimming in all 8!!

I candled on day 14, and one chick had expired. The remaining 7 still going strong!!

She also has 2 other bantam eggs under her from another OEG hen and both of those eggs are developing well, too!

My favorite egg is a little brown one from EmmyLou...soon as she hatches, I am naming her LouLou!! My favorite egg from Elvis is going to be named Tori! No matter what they turn out to be boys or girls, that will be their names LOL

fl.gif
for everything to continue to go well!

Mama got of the nest on her own today to eat and drink!
woot.gif

edited for typo.

Last edited:
wee.gif
Me too! I have a hen setting on 8 eggs, plus 2 in the bator, that are due on Monday/Tuesday!! I can't wait!! Hope I get some more splash babies!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You're almost there! It is so exciting, isn't it....just wait til you see that first pip! It's amazing....makes you just want to sit and watch the egg all day!
Good luck! Hope you have a great hatch!
jumpy.gif

~Rebecca

needmorechickens! :

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You're almost there! It is so exciting, isn't it....just wait til you see that first pip! It's amazing....makes you just want to sit and watch the egg all day!
Good luck! Hope you have a great hatch!
jumpy.gif

~Rebecca

yea except since they are under a broody, I won't know until they are out! LOL​

ya.gif
You may start hearing peeping on Saturday or Sunday... resist the urge to check on the eggs unless you see that momma's being bad. I will usually check once on day 21, then just leave her alone. I can't wait to see your new babies!!

I can't wait to see them either! Little Miss Smarty pants figured out how to move her food dish closer to the brooder area, she doesn't move off the nest to eat now, just puts her head around the corner and grabs bits
lol.png
Runs off 1-2 times to get a drink, poo, then back on the nest. When I peeked in today to give fresh food & water I laughed outloud when I saw how she set herself up to eat without getting up LOL

When I checked on Henny Penny today she was off her nest getting a drink, pooing
sickbyc.gif
so I peeked at the nest.

ARGH no pips yet!!
barnie.gif

fl.gif
C'mon Monday! The wait is killing me!!

It's gonna be a long weekend! lol Good luck with the hatch.
jumpy.gif

Jody

Back
Top Bottom