Updated "Lemon Blue" Cochin photos (PICTURE HEAVY!)

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
It was finally nice out, again...so I got some updated photos of my different birds...

DSCN4360.jpg

Abigail with her new saddle (she HATES it) but it seems to be working:
DSCN4353.jpg

Mildred, my splash...
DSCN4355.jpg

DSCN4371-1.jpg

Clarence is very wide across....
DSCN4354.jpg

DSCN4359.jpg

DSCN4367.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know much about Cochins... or chickens for that matter, but yours are Beautiful!
love.gif
Clarence looks like a big huggable lion. His ladies are very lovely too!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
He looks like a statue in this picture!!

Very handsome boy... Do you have chicks from these birds yet? Are they feathering in "true"? Sorry if you answered these questions already!! Very nice - I would take that roo any day!!

Oh yeah, I've hatched out lots of chicks and I've been getting pretty good hatch rates 80-90% feedback on shipped eggs. Nope, they don't breed true to color at this time but I'm working on that. It's hard to focus too much on color without losing type and type is harder to get back...so I'm constantly struggling with type & hoping for color.
smile.png

How did you create the lemon blue color?
I crossed a Buff Orpington hen (standard) with a Splash Cochin rooster (standard) and the result looks kinda similar to your rooster...
14678_photo_545.jpg

14678_photo_517.jpg

14678_photo_519.jpg

14678_photo_520.jpg

14678_photo_446.jpg

14678_photo_443.jpg

I was told that he was a "buff blue columbian" color or something like that?? Or would he be kinda like a lemon blue...? He has the same colored feathered feet as your rooster, similar colored wings/body feathers (except mine has a little darker buff colored feathers than yours), and mine isn't really fluffy like a true Cochin, like yours is. Just curious to find out because I've always thought that Ivory (my rooster) looked like or similar to a lemon blue...
idunno.gif

Gorgeous rooster you have there! And very pretty hens!
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

I bought some of mine from a breeder who was looking on them before me. I have heard different stories as to how it came about but I believe it was simply a blue with buff coloring or a buff with blue coloring. I've been adding some new into my flock now and gotten some that look like buff columbian.

DSCN3654.jpg

DSCN3656.jpg

DSCN3658.jpg

DSCN3169.jpg

Back
Top Bottom