Updated New Pics! Breed??

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
yes i posted this chicken today, but this is new pics of him. Partridge Penedesenca cockrel was a possiblilty but any other ideas? hes most likely hatchery quality. combs forming branches on it, tryed to get a pic of his comb, blured tho, but u can still c one branch in it. in the last pic u can c the brances on his comb forming also. legs slate black, kinda blueish, hes 4 months old. earlobs getting white tent to them.

103601_030.jpg

103601_043.jpg

103601_039.jpg

103601_046.jpg

103601_444.jpg

Quote:
I don't think so,wrong ear lobe color.

When I first looked at the pics my first thought was Marans although not a correct color. I'm not a Marans expert by any means but I think Marans of a sort is what adds up to me.

I was thinking the same thing about the ear color on the Penedesenca, but... http://www.privetthatchery.com/Home/prdDetails.aspx?id=PDS#thumb If you look at the roo pictured in Privett's catalogue it looks like he has red lobes too. Someone offered up a roo on CL locally that was a Penedesneca from Privett with red lobes so I went to their website to conirm. Looks like at least one hatchery is selling red-lobed Penedesencas.

Back
Top Bottom