(UPDATED) Outcome of the chicken video vote!!!!! Post #8

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HorseFeathers, Jun 4, 2008.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! As you know, I am TOTALLY FREAKING OUT because my video ends at EASTERN TIME MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. All you BYC night owls (I know there's lots!) I need your help! I'm pretty sure the Napoleon kid won't have people voting at 11:00 pm- We need to make ONE FINAL PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the link: http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

For
    anyone just tuning in, this is what's going on:
    I entered a national contest where you make a video reviewing a book. I made mine about a chicken care manual, "Your Chickens". The contest is now open to popular vote, and the voting ends at midnight Eastern time. Thanks!

THANK YOU!!!!!

(mods, sorry about all the caps; I've just had an incredibly stressfull drama club preformance so I'm really worked up about this! Need somewhere to channel all my nervous energy- and it can't be my mom... [​IMG])

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    ur up by 1% but that's still over 200 votes! I sent the link to my mom & husband for you and voted again!

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    have you read the whole topic about you and your contest. It is like a newspaper (almost)

4. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
  5. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Our whole family has voted for you today. It looks like your ahead!!

Good Luck!

6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Good morning! See, I woke up extra-specially-early because I wanted to thank you guys. I really appriciate how much hard work everyone here at BYC has done; and you know, even if I don't win, I'm really gratefull to everyone who tried. I could never have even had a stab at this if it wasn't for chickens in the first place- I got the book "Your Chickens" in order to see how to take care of them. I found out about the contest and used the chickens as background/actors/props. And then everyone here helped me out! Go chickens!

My dad came back from band practice at about midnight and said I was 48% and Napoleon was 44%

But I want everyone to think about how hard that little kid (and his parents) must have worked to produce and get people to vote for their video (even if it wasn't completely fair) and just take a second to watch his video here if you haven't already. And just appriciate his work and give him a nonverbal, "Good job."

Thank you! We'll keep you posted!

7. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I so hope you win! (I'll bet you did!). I thinks it's really nice that you are thinking of the other guy, you seem like a great person!

Good job and good luck, we all can't wait to hear how it comes out!
    [​IMG]:clap:clap:clap

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG] YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! [​IMG]

We just recieved an email from the judge people- and I WON!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Thank you, SO much, BYC is such an awesome place. Everyone helps eachother out. You guys have really helped me through chicken-dom, vote-dom, etc. I really can't express my gratitude! Everyone has gone "A and B the C of D" (Above and Beyond the Call of Duty) so thank SO MUCH!!! [​IMG]

I am actually TREMBLING from excitement/relief right now!

[​IMG] YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    HOORAY!!! I've been holding my breath and crossing my fingers for you all day long! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS!!! [​IMG]

BTW: You need to add "I WON" to your title so everyone will know! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  10. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    [​IMG] !!!Congrats!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by