Updated pic of Diesel, son of Suede

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buster, May 24, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Here he is. I was only able to get one good pic before my camera batteries died but you can see his comb is growing and his feathers are coming in better. He is about 16 weeks old now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Nice Seudelette you have there, Jared. I do so love that green sheen on the black Orpingtons! [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Yes I really think he look great. His comb is starting to look better as it grows out. The bend in it may go away all together. I am still waiting to see. I can't wait to see if the splash chick I have is a pullet or not.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hatched a splash Ameraucana and it even may be a cockerel! I can't win! [​IMG]

5. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Very beautiful cockeral. I hope the comb straightens out for you.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Me too. It seems less noticeable to me now than a couple weeks ago. I will just have to wait and see. I think that I have a splash orp cockerel that was given to me, but I am not positive yet. Another week or two and I should know for certain. This black orp cockerel (Diesel) is so gentle that even if I do not use him for breeding, he will probably be the roo over my layer flock. My kids go out and pet him all the time, and they are 3 and 2.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    He's pretty!!

I LOVE his name! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by