Updated pics...are they ALL girls, or did any roos sneak in?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by akcskye, Nov 13, 2007.

1. akcskye

akcskye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Here's some updated pics I took with my camera while my batteries weren't dead today.

I ask if any roos snuck in, because even though when I sexed them all after they hatched, they behaved like girls...2, Goldie (the suspect SLW/BO cross) and Red Riding Hood (the red BO/?? cross) are HUGE compared to the rest and most of my ladies are rose combed and these aren't.

Is this just the BO genes carrying through (the huge-ness and the combs) or do I have some roos here? We wouldn't care, a son of Billy would be GREAT...BUT, we bought Christopher William and I don't want any roo fights.

Okay...here's the pics:

Goldie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red Riding Hood
    [​IMG]
    Feather
    [​IMG]
    Domino (my SLW and Christopher William, the Roo)
    [​IMG]

I love Goldie's colors...we don't know if she's truly SLW/BO or Australorp BO...in the pics with her "mother" (Domino, suspect), she sure doesn't look anything the same except the pattern of her feathers.

Also, if you look in Red Riding Hood's picture, just behind her on the right are Feather and Blackfoot...those 2 plus our other one I couldn't get a picture of, Daredevil, look like triplets. They all look the same.

Thanks AND enjoy.

Oh, and let me add...all of these chicks were hatched June 15-June 21, so especially my big girls are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  2. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    They all look like hens to me...except the last picture of the black one, that one looks kinda roo'ish

3. akcskye

akcskye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Well, the black one in the very last pic is a roo...that's Christopher William.

We don't know what breed he is...but that's good to know they *should* all be ladies, even though we wanted one of Billy's kids to be a Roo now that Billy is dead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by