*Updated pics of fluffy chicks pg 13!* Starting the final countdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by goatkeepers, Jul 23, 2008.

1. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    This is nerve wrecking!! [​IMG] Day 20 is finally here, but nothing yet. It officially started 46 minutes ago, at 6 am.
    All I can think of is "what if they don't hatch"? My last hatch, which was my first try, was in a home made bator and out of 6 eggs, none hatched and only 2-3 developed anything close to where they should be.
    Anyways, now I have an LG still air and even though a lot of people are unhappy with it, I must say it was very good the last 20 days! I haven't had to adjust the temp at all and 8 out of my 9 eggs looked ready on day 18 when I candled. One (I think) has a blood ring, but I left it in there anyways, just to make sure.
    I am so scared that I am getting excited and then none will hatch. [​IMG] So I just need a little encouragement and hand-holding, I guess. [​IMG] Thanks for all the support you guys have given me!! You're the best!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Hang in there. I have had a couple of batch hatches, but have also gotten some really cute fuzzy butts including 2 Blue Orps. All you can do is wait and hope. I have a really staggered hatch going on right now and a large hatch (84) of Giant Bobwhite Quail as well. Now that one has me a little nervous. The action here starts in about a week. Good luck. Keep us posted.[​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm on day 20 today as well. Last week we had high humidity due to all the rain which, made keeping the bator humidity down a challenge. Now this week the humidity outside is dropping so it's a challenge to keep the humidity up in the bator! [​IMG] I have 9 eggs in there. [​IMG] Good luck with the hatch.

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aww, poor you! Go milk your goats, wash and brush them, make them a snack and then clean their pen. After that, start in the basement and clean your whole house. [​IMG]

I am on day 14 of my first hatch, so I can only say I can imagine how you feel! Hang in there, you don't want them to come early! 21 days is almost here![​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    You can probably start listening for signs of life in there [​IMG] Good Luck [​IMG]

6. WRBH

WRBH Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Williford, AR
    I know how you feel, today is day 20 for me as well. Had 2 hatch early, one yesterday, one last night. Yesterdays has some problems so they are right, don't want them early.I have 4, maybe 5 left to go. I'll keep you and your eggs in my prayers, and please let us know when your babies show up.Good Luck!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey goatkeepers hang in there!
    I felt the exact same way last night.. even went to bed pouty thinking "they won't hatch", surely I had messed something up on my 1st try here, and I'm still not convinced that they'll all be ok.. but i DID wake up to my first pip today and I heard a "chirp" or two!

The egg that pipped is kinda small so i'm guessing that's why it was first...

fingers crossed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you! [​IMG]

I hope all goes well, and you have some cute babies soon.

9. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Hang in there,it won't be long. I have a broody hatching chicks now and one due to hatch on Friday.

10. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    hahaha you sound like me. almost all of my eggs pipped on day 21. i was going crazy. i was sure they were all dead. i think this is where we're supposed to find a hobby. one besides hatching eggs that is. good luck, i hope they start doing something for you soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by