Updated PICS of Luna, our rescued kitty - pg5

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hinkjc, Jul 22, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I will try to make this long story short, but we found this kitty very emaciated roaming our farm. Probably a drop off or what's left of a feral litter. Poor little thing. DH caught it and brought it in. We were going to rehome her because I already have 3 cats and 2 dogs, but she didn't seem well. She wasn't eating right or drinking and was just nothing but bones, so I decided to call the vet to have her looked over to see if something is going on with her and to determine her age.

She went for her first vet visit this past Friday. I pointed out that she was covered in ticks and I think we got them all but I felt something while we were waiting and asked them to look. They took her away for a few moments and brought her back with her whole neck and under her face shaved down to skin. Apparently something tried to kill her during her venture in the great outdoors. She has punctures everywhere around her head, like something had her by the head and she amazingly got away.

Well, we left the visit with some scary thoughts to consider. She is a risk for rabies. Plus she has severe infections, fever and infestation of worms. She has been started on antibiotics and given wormer. She was only 1.5 lbs on the scale and approx 4 months old.

She returned to the vet yesterday for a checkup to make sure her fever broke and to start her rabies protocol. Her fever is better and she got her first rabies shot. Her weight is up to 2.5 lbs already. She is perkier and eating better, which is great news. She has also been tested for feline leukemia and aids to make sure when she can be introduced to our indoor cats she doesn't have other problems.

She is under 6 months quarantine and now lives in my master bathroom until she feeling much better, when she'll be allowed to expand her living quarters slightly. She may not be around any of my animals. She is a really sweet kitty and we are planning to keep her now since there are strict rules around this type of thing and we want to make sure she gets the care she needs. Please help us name her.

We already have cats named Smokey, Tigger and Patchy. Here are some pics of her, which may help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Lucky? Sounds like she is! Kudos to you for taking her in and giving her the care she needs. The world needs more people like you [​IMG]

The other name that came to mind was Tabitha for some reason.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. HatTrickSilkies

HatTrickSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    Eastern PA
    Jody,

She is absolutely precious and a very lucky little girl!

Nikki

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I want to say poor kitty, but she is so lucky you took care of her. The first name that came to mind is Cinderella.....because he is being kept away from the other critters.....but she will get her day. Probably kinda corny, but its what i thought of [​IMG]

5. Cabe

Cabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    Florida
    ***SCRAPPY***
    Looks like she can take care of herself, that's a really mean look in the first picture![​IMG]

6. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    She's so cute [​IMG]

What about a name like Midnight or shadow since she's mainly black.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a cute kitty! She sure is lucky to have been found by such careing people like you and your DH. As I was waiting on the pics to load, ( yes I am on dial up LOL) I was thinking : Lucy...then, when I saw her...I thought of Halloween...the " black cat" and all...so I was thinking : Punkin. ( pumpkin) No matter what you call her...she will call you mom and dad and no doubt be a happy kitty.

8. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    saphire b/c her eyes
    foi means faith in french
    belle foi means beautiful faith
    ebony
    velvet...

9. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    It's GOT to be Lucky! Or...if you believe in God's intervention in such things (which I do), Mercy or Grace or Glory/Gloria. [​IMG]

10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Oh, oh!! Just got an idea from a different thread. How about "Lost'nFound"? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by